Search This Blog

Saturday 28 September 2013


THE WEEK THAT'S PAST:  I promised new music from Mike Davis
Well, I always keep my promises. Or at least try to. Last weekend he was here for three days from Friday, and we did a lot of recording. No less than five new songs have resulted, and you can hear them HERE.

Mike Davis is one of British music's best kept secrets. Why he isn't a star I have no idea, and when you hear his music you are bound to agree with me! I have worked in what Berry Gordy once described as the "industry of human happiness" on and off throughout my adult life. Thirty years ago, when I was trying to be the Brian Epstein of South Devon, I picked up a hitchhiker called Mike Davis travelling through Starcross. In all my years in the business he is still the most talented singer/songwriter that I have ever met! 

I am lucky enough to have achieved most of my ambitions in life, but the one ambition that I have yet to achieve is to make Mike Davis a star! I have a sneaking suspicion that as we get half way through the second decade of the 21st Century, that his and my stars are finally right!
.post on behalf of gonzo mutimediaread more

No comments:

Post a Comment