Search This Blog

Saturday 8 November 2014

EARTH AND OCEAN MARTIAL ARTS A ARTICLE

smalllogo.jpg INSTRUCTORS of Cheng Ba Gua Zhang Mr. Alex Gallifent students/alexgallifent.jpg I began my Tai Chi practice in 2004 studying under Lindsay Jenkins of the Cotton hands Tai Chi school. I studied under Lindsay on a weekly basis for 3 years learning the Peking 24 step form, the Shi Ba Shi qigong set, the eight silk brocade qigong set and the Zhuan Zhuang standing postures. During this 3 year period I also studied Long fist Kung fu from Matt Williams of the ancestral mountains kung fu school (now learnkungfu.org) on a twice weekly basis reaching Orange belt. I then moved to Devon in 2007 and continued my Tai chi practice under Tim Prescott of Tien Tien Tai Chi Chuan. From him I learned the simplified 24 step Tai chi form, the 42 step competition form and the 38 step Sun style Tai chi form. I studied with Tim on a weekly basis for about 2-3 years. From 2007 to the present I have been studying Cheng style Baguazhang from Andy Coles of Earth and Ocean martial arts on a twice weekly basis. From him I have learned the eight main energy postures of the Cheng system as well as the eight main palm changes. I have also been taught the swimming dragon form, the Bagua sword form and the Deer horn blades form. I have been complimenting this practice with the home study of the Bruce Frantzis Bagua mastery program. I have also learned the Xing Yi Quan (Shanxi style) 5 element fist form from Andy Coles. In March 2010 I attended a week long intensive Tai Chi training event in Brighton where I learned internal components of Tai Chi from Bruce Frantzis of Energy Arts. In 2010/2011 I studied the Cheng Man Ching short form under Ranald Macdonald. In 2011 I attended and passed a Sun style level two instructor training course under Faye Yip of Deyin Tai Chi Chuan. This course qualifies me to teach the 38 step Sun style Tai Chi form. At the same time I started an 18 month Tai Chi instructor course with Tai Chi nation, which I passed with a distinction. The course qualifies me to teach the 24 step compact Tai Chi form, the Shi Ba Shi qigong set and Daoyin practices. I have also studied Dragon and Tiger Qigong with Mike Turner of Better Health Tai Chi. As well as the above I also practice the 88 step Yang Tai Chi Form, the Marriage of Heaven and Earth Chi Kung, the Wu style Tai Chi short form and Taoist and Zen meditation. 2013 April, being granted recognition and certified by Mr.Andy Coles to be an instructor of Cheng Ba Gua Zhang. INSTRUCTORS of Earth Ocean Martial Arts Mr. Wayne Ley students/wayneley.jpg In 1987 I remember watching a martial arts film one night when I was just 9 years old, and I said to my mum & dad, I want to do that! So I went along to the Barnstaple Leisure centre and joined up with Mr. Peter Hill learning Wado Ryu karate, I managed to get my 'Yellow belt' in 1988. When I turned 11 years old I trained in a Kung Fu style called Lau Gar with Mr. Chef Prince. I studied with him for 3 years. In 1996 I started Freestyle Tae Kwon Do gaining my Black Belt in 2001. In May 2001 I then started training with Andy Coles in what became Earth Ocean Martial Arts and have been their ever since. I've also completed a Basic body guard course, held a SIA licence in security, I am First Aid trained, and have an up to date CRB enhanced disclosure certificate (DBS). April 2013, I was certified by Mr.Andy Coles to be an instructor of Earth Ocean Martial Arts. June 2013, 1st Dan Black Belt of Earth Ocean Martial arts. Assistant Instructors of Earth Ocean Martial Arts Mr. Laurence Sellors students/laurencesellors.jpg I began my martial arts training at the age of 12, studying and practising Kyokushin kai Karate for 3 years, which acted as a good foundation for training that I undertook later. In 1993 I began training in Practical Wudang Tai Chi Chuan in London under Dave Durrant and Norman Jones, both early students of Sifu Dan Doherty. Over the next 6 years I attended many workshops with Sifu Dan Doherty and competed in Tui Shou competition, winning the British Open Tai Chi Championships for my weight in 1995 and coming runner up the following year. In 1996 I began teaching Practical Tai Chi Chuan. I moved to Australia in 1997 and continued to train with a Wudang Tai Chi Chuan club in Melbourne. In 1998 I began training in a style of Kung Fu called Po Ket under Dr Peter Lewis, which is a striped down derivative of Choy Ley Fut Kung Fu, that literally translates as Full Contact. I trained and competed in full contact open style, open weight (at 65 kg), Coming 3rd in the Victorian ISKA state titles. During my study of Tai chi I also became very interested in the practise of Chi Kung, Nei Kung and meditation, and I studied and learnt from both my Tai chi teachers and Tibetan Lamas residing in Melbourne, which I maintained during any periods whilst not formally training with a club. Also during this period I also worked as a fitness instructor and personal trainer in gyms in Berkshire, London and Melbourne over a 10 year period, I returned to the UK in 2001 and did not train with a club until I began training in Hung Gar Kung Fu for 2 years in Barnstaple. In Jan 2012 I began training with Mr Andy Coles in both Earth Ocean Martial Arts, Cheng BaGuaZhang and Shan Xi style Xing Yi Quan. 2013 July, being granted recognition and certified by Mr.Andy Coles to be an assistant instructor of Earth Ocean Martial Arts Mr. Mark Williams students/markwilliams.JPG From a young age (8) I've always had a big interest in martial arts, ever since watching my first martial arts movie in 1984 'the karate kid' This led me to begin researching and reading various books on the subject. I have been involved in many different styles for the last 17 years. The following are some that I have studied and grades achieved if available: 1985-1987 Karate (yellow belt) 1989-1991 Judo (Orange belt 2 tags) 1998-1999 Jiu Jitsu (just training) 1993-2003 Kick boxing (just training) 2003-2005 Tae Kwon do (Yellow belt) 2005-2008 Freestyle Martial Arts (going for Brown) 2011 to present Earth Ocean Martial Arts (3rd Kyu Brown belt) I also have a basic first Aid Certificate 2013 July, being granted recognition and certified by Mr.Andy Coles to be an assistan-t instructor of Earth Ocean Martial Arts-http://www.chengbaguazhang.com/index.htm-https://www.facebook.com/groups/74765733936/?fref=ts-

No comments:

Post a Comment