Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 December 2014

Eric Dionne interviewed by mark antony raines aka ghostmanraines

Ok so the questions you sent over here you go. What Inspired/Inspires me? What inspired me to get into the field of study that I do was my grandmother, she was born in Manahawkins NJ, and used to tell me stories when i was 6/7 about the New Jersey Devil and how it would come down from the sky and get me if i didn't start listening to her, well at that time we all lived in North Carolina and as a young boy, you can imagine the look of fright on my face when hearing theses tales, so I decided to start looking up things on the NJ Devil at the public library. From there it bled over into things such as Mythology, Greek Mythology, Indian Folk Lore, Native American History, Monsters, Tall Tales, and eventually into the Paranormal. As of lately my main focus has gone back to my roots of Cryptozoology. That is my passion and as I always tell people, "Things That Are Hidden Are Meant To Be Discovered..." . What are my aims? My aim is to bring the focus of Cryptozoology and The Paranormal field back to a positive light, i'm really tired of the false light and negative focus that both fields have gained over the past 10 years now, Part of this blame i put on the media, I mean don't get me wrong, theses TV shows and Reality "Said with Air Quotes" shows are great for an entertainment point of view, but the networks need to label them as such, They are for Entertainment. I've fallen to the same promises from production, and been behind the scenes of many of theses shows, and I get it, Unsuspecting team gets approached with a chance to do a TV show, a chance to be the Next GHOST HUNTERS ooh OOOOO lol, " then they sign their lives away, and guess what they have no say, it's all in the court of production teams and directors and better yet the NETWORK, and well the networks just care about the ratings" I could go on and on and on about this stuff, but that would take up way to much time. Simply put and as I tell people at my lectures, The biggest secret about Reality TV is, that it's Not Reality at all. I've done and been apart of shows on SyFy Channel, Sky Atlantic in the UK, The History Channel, Discovery Channel, HBO, FOX, the CW and more, and some of the shows i'm on film and others i'm in the background or consulting, I do a lot of consulting for theses Monster shows that are out there now a days, but off my rant and back to the question, my aim is to show people that theses fields aren't a pseudo science field and that there are some really fantastic people in the field that mean it well, and aren't out for a quick buck, or to just get 15 mins of fame on a TV show. What are my plans for the future? My plans for the future are all over the place lol, in all honesty I want to focus more on my Cryptozoology research, I'm currently working on 2 crypto books, as well as a book about the True Accounts of my story that was shown on SyFy's Haunted Collector, biggest problem i'm facing with the book writing is actually having the time to sit down and write, I've even considered looking for some one I can tell the story to and have them co-write the book with me, in order to just get it done and out there. Besides that I'm still doing some acting stuff here and there, I just finished up the season at the Nightmare Factory in NC, playing their newest character named "Botch" who runs the Chamber, and been working on some other little side shows you could say. In 2015 I'm hoping to finally sit down and put together a strong team for my ICE (International Cryptozoology Establishment) group which is separate from SEPIA and hope to start doing some expeditions, If i can do things that right way and get the money earned and saved I want to plan some expeditions around the world at some kin locations. I hope that answers the questions you sent over to me, and if you have any more questions or would like me to go into more detail on anything i've said feel free to shoot them my way, sometimes writing things out i don't get all the details i'd like out there lol, sorry it took so long getting back to you, it was a hectic week over here. Eric J. Dionne

No comments:

Post a Comment