Search This Blog

Saturday 2 January 2016

Kara J Richards Composer, Producer, Performer- .http://karajrichardsong.wix.com/karajr#!autobiography/cp77

Kara J RichardsThe only time I remember my Dad saying anything nice about me was one day when he heard me singing along to the Joan Baez album Come From The Shadows, an album which, along with Bob Dylan's greatest hits double album in a beautiful wine red sleeve and Joni Mitchell’s Blue, formed what I would The only time I remember my Dad saying anything nice about me was one day when he heard me singing along to the Joan Baez album Come From The Shadows, an album which, along with Bob Dylan's greatest hits double album in a beautiful wine red sleeve and Joni Mitchell’s Blue, formed what I would call my Religious Education.
It was about this time that I fell desperately in love with my class teacher who played the guitar and sang Don McLean's Vincent. He left after his first year to pursue a career as a musician. I was heartbroken and started to write songs.My first “big” break came when I was 10. Our class teacher, an Irish lady called Ronnie Sullivan, helped me and a couple of classmates, Robin Cook (he was big on Elvis and played a mean guitar) and Alistair Cook (no relation, and more of a classical guitarist) to form a Peter, Paul and Mary style trio called The New Forest Rovers, which quickly became the star act of the school Friday afternoon performance assembly. This being well before the days when “appropriate behaviour” was expected of school teachers, Ronnie got us a slot at a pub where the local Irish band The Little People played on a Sunday night. We played a repertoire of murder ballads and folk songs. It was here that I discovered that crisps and coke (at this stage the brown fizzy type) were freely available to performing artists.call my Religious Education.
It was about this time that I fell desperately in love with my class teacher who played the guitar and sang Don McLean's 
Vincent. He left after his first year to pursue a career as a musician. I was heartbroken and started to write songs.

My first “big” break came when I was 10. Our class teacher, an Irish lady called Ronnie Sullivan, helped me and a couple of classmates, Robin Cook (he was big on Elvis and played a mean guitar) and Alistair Cook (no relation, and more of a classical guitarist) to form a Peter, Paul and Mary style trio called 
The New Forest Rovers, which quickly became the star act of the school Friday afternoon performance assembly. This being well before the days when “appropriate behaviour” was expected of school teachers, Ronnie got us a slot at a pub where the local Irish band The Little People played on a Sunday night. We played a repertoire of murder ballads and folk songs. It was here that I discovered that crisps and coke (at this stage the brown fizzy type) were freely available to performing artists.-https://www.facebook.com/http://karajrichardsong.wix.com/karajr/-SEE MORE ON -http://karajrichardsong.wix.com/karajr

No comments:

Post a Comment